Sunday, February 23, 2014

Meal Plan: 1,200 calories (summer)



So instead of posting a screenshot of my daily calories from www.calorieking.com, I've decided to do up some basic meal plans of the types of meals that I am trying to eat on a regular basis.  I don't do this every single day - especially the lunch meal.  For me, it is easier to bring salad ingredients into work (rocket, baby spinach leaves, carrot, capsicum, cucumber and mushrooms) and make a salad at lunchtime (adding some protein - usually tinned tuna because it is quick and easy).

The dessert by the way is delicious!  My four year old daughter doesn't like bananas - avoids them like the plague - loved her special ice cream.  I added a tablespoon of low-fat greek yoghurt on top (after blending) so that it was a little creamier.  But it is tasty even without it.  

Here are the links to the recipes:




5 comments:

  1. Im going to follow your 1200 calorie meal plan shown above. How much chicken breast can I eat. Im assuming 3-4 ounces? Can you post the rasberry and banana ice cream and home made hummus. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any suggestions coming off of coffee to herbal teas? The process..gradual or cold turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog, good to see someone is posting quality information. Thanks for sharing this useful information. Keep up the good work.
    Best Nutrition Plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to everyone..i want to ask how many days can i follow this diet plan? thanks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would change it up a little here and there so you don't get bored or tired of certain foods, but stay in the calorie goal. Also, check with your doc to be sure you can do 1200 calories. I know some that have successfully stayed on 1200 calories a day for many many years and are perfectly healthy and I know others who could only do it for a few months at a time.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...